Learn best practices in sourcing and recruiting military and veteran candidates
Veteran and sourcing expert Dean Da Costa discusses best practices in military and veteran hiring. Every year, over 200,000 military retirees and veterans enter the workforce. This population has the experience, knowledge and training that make them great candidates for a wide-range of jobs and occupations. Savvy organizations have figured out how to crack the code with this population and this gives them competitive advantage. Is your organization deriving benefits from this talent pool? Learn the steps you need to take to attract these individuals to your organization.
In this course you will learn to:
- Identify how to determine a veteran's transferrable skills.
- Understand federal programs, initiatives, guidelines and laws regarding military personnel and veterans.
- Identify military acronyms related to recruiting and sourcing.
- Understand best practices related to college recruiting and interviewing veterans.
- Identify the best strategies and resources that can help you transition veterans into your workforce.
PreviewIntroduction: Meet Dean Da Costa (0:27)
PreviewModule Goals and Objectives (0:37)
StartVeteran Transferrable Skills (0:40)
StartWhat Do Top Salepeople and Veterans Have in Common? (1:19)
StartChallenges for Recruiters and Hiring Managers (4:19)
StartFederal Programs and Initiatives (1:05)
StartFederal Program Guidelines (2:15)
StartWhat Does "Being in the Military" mean? (3:03)
StartUnderstanding Military Occupational Classification Structure (MOCS) (4:40)